Full course description
ENROLLMENT FEE: EARLY BIRD thru February 22 = $325.00. AFTER Feb. 22 = $375.00.
TARGET PARTICIPANTS - This course is for certified athletic trainers or nurses to advance their clinical skills. Athletic trainers will be awarded 6 Evidence-Based Practice CEU's for this course.
This 4-week online course will provide an evidence-based approach to wound care and advance your knowledge and skills to support quality patient-centered outcomes. The course highlights infection prevention and control, wound assessment, wound treatment (including wound closures).
Students will be provided with a suture kit and will submit photo and video evidence of proper technique during the course.
- Improve clinical outcomes by better identifying, treating, and managing injuries for athletes and patients.
- Highlight evidence-based practice for practical application of skin closures.
- Close the learning gap between the previous, current, and future CAATE standards and clinical competencies.
- Receive EBP CEUs at a cost-effective price without leaving home from a BOC Provider.
- Learn from emergency and surgical physician assistants with over 20 years of combined experience.
- Interact and network with professionals from across the country through discussion boards.